Opioids are a class of drugs that are used to reduce pain in a medical setting. Opioids are available legally through a doctor’s prescription.
Types of Opioids:
- Prescription opioids, such as Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Percocet, etc.
- Synthetic opioids, such as heroin and fentanyl
An opioid overdose is a serious, life-threatening emergency which requires immediate medical attention. Please call 911 immediately if you witness anyone exhibit any of the following symptoms:
- Slow or stopped breathing
- Gurgling noises or vomiting
- Fingernails or lips turning blue/purple
- Pale and/or clammy face
- Limp body
- Slowed breathing
- Physical dependence
- Liver damage
- Brain damage
- Behavioral Therapies
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)